Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
SCIDYNE is committed to keeping our employees and customers updated about steps we are taking concerning the coronavirus
The health, safety and well-being of SCIDYNE employees, their families, and customers is a top priority. We continue to closely monitor this rapidly changing situation and follow the guidance from relevant authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and various US state and local government entities.
Preventative measures are being taken to help safeguard our employees while mitigating the impact from the outbreak across our manufacturing and supply chains.
Massachusetts Response to COVID-19
To view all COVID-19 related Massachusetts Executive Orders and Press Releases Click Here
December 22nd - Governor Baker announces a temporary Executive Order and revised COVID-19 measures to reduce the spread of the virus in Massachusetts. Effective Sunday, December 26, 2020 Click for details
December 9th - Governor Baker Announces New Restrictions Statewide for Capacity, Mask Compliance and Soical Distancing Due to Increased Cases and Hospitalizations. Effective Sunday, December 13, 2020: All communities in Massachusetts will return to Step 1 of Phase 3. Click for details
November 2nd - Baker-Polito administration announces targeted measures to curb rising COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations including early business closures, revised gatherings, and mask orders. Click for details
September 29th - Governor Baker signed an Executive Order stating that low risk communities may move to Phase III, Step 2. This is due to good health metrics and will apply to towns with low risk beginning Monday, October 5, 2020. Click for details
August 7th - Governor Baker dials back and suspends some Massachusetts reopening plans. Click for details
July 24th - COVID-19 Travel Order announced. Effective August 1, 2020, all visitors and returning residents entering Massachusetts must follow new travel orders. Click for details
July 6th - Phase 3 of Massachusetts reopening plan starts today. Click for details
June 8th - Phase 2 of Massachusetts reopening plan begins. Click for details
May 18th - The business emergency closure order for Massachusetts is being lifted in phases. Click for details
April 28th - Governor Baker has extended the business emergency closure order for Massachusetts until May 18th.
March 31st - The business emergency closure order for Massachusetts is extended until May 4th.
March 23rd - Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker issued an emergency order requiring all businesses and organizations that do not provide “COVID-19 Essential Services” to close their physical workplaces and facilities to workers, customers and the public as of Tuesday, March 24th at noon until Tuesday, April 7th at noon. These businesses are encouraged to continue operations remotely.
Joan from our Accounting Department came across this and wanted to share it.
Some of the actions being taken by SCIDYNE
- Employees are encouraged to continue working from home and follow the guidance and recommendations provided by the CDC and Massachusetts COVID-19 task force.
- Facility access is limited to authorized personnel only.
- Anyone entering the facility is subject to a temperature check and basic health and contact questions.
- Incoming deliveries are strictly performed at the receiving area. Packages and contents are sanitized before entering the building.
- Frequently touched objects and surfaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Onsite employees are required to wear a mask (and gloves) when social distancing is impractical.
- Employees must frequently wash their hands or use hand sanitizer when washing is not practical. Hand sanitizer is provided throughout the facility.
- Continued suspension of all non-essential business travel.
- Group meetings with more than five attendees are to be conducted in a virtual format.
How this may affect our customers
- Customers may experience a delayed response when contacting us by phone or email.
- Orders placed for In-stock items may not ship the same day. This includes requests for next-day and second-day service. As has always been our policy, credit cards are not charged until the order is actually processed.
- Lead-Times for out-of-stock items may extend further than usual.
- We understand many of our customers may be impacted by federal, state, and local shelter-in-place orders. Please notify us if your business is affected by these restrictions so that we can make appropriate adjustments of our deliveries to you.
- The raw material supply chain is being monitored closely. However, due to uncertainty, new scheduled orders are being accepted on a case-by-case basis.
What you can do:
It is important to stay aware by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. Here are some every day preventative measures you can follow:
- Practice Social Distancing.
- The CDC recommends wearing face coverings (such as a mask, bandana, or scarf) in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission. DIY Make your own mask instructions.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick or suspected to be sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Useful external links related to COVID-19
- World Health Organization https://www.who.int
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov
- Check out updates from the White House's Coronavirus (COVID-19) Task Force. https://www.coronavirus.gov
- Massachusetts COVID-19 Guidance and Recommendations https://www.mass.gov/covid19
- Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus
- Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center https://coronavirus.jhu.edu
- List of Coronavirus-Related Restrictions in Every State https://www.aarp.org/politics-society/government-elections/info-2020/coronavirus-state-restrictions.html
- Dr. John Campbell (UK) https://www.youtube.com/user/Campbellteaching
- Chris Martenson / Peak Prosperity https://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisMartensondotcom
- Med Cram https://www.youtube.com/user/MEDCRAMvideos/videos