Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement
SCIDYNE is committed to keeping our employees and customers updated about steps we are taking concerning the coronavirus
The health, safety and well-being of SCIDYNE employees, their families, and customers is our top priority. We continue to closely monitor this rapidly changing situation and follow the guidance from relevant authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and various US state and local government entities.
Preventative measures are being taken to help safeguard our employees while mitigating the impact from the outbreak across our manufacturing and supply chains.
March 23rd - Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker issued an emergency order requiring all businesses and organizations that do not provide “COVID-19 Essential Services” to close their physical workplaces and facilities to workers, customers and the public as of Tuesday, March 24th at noon until Tuesday, April 7th at noon. These businesses are encouraged to continue operations remotely.
Joan from our Accounting Department came across this and wanted to share it.
Some of the actions being taken by SCIDYNE
- All employees are instructed to work from home.
- Facility access is limited to authorized personnel only.
- In-progress incoming deliveries are strictly performed at the receiving area.
- Suspend all non-essential business travel, and postpone, cancel or move large group meetings to a virtual format.
How this may affect our customers
- Customers may experience a delayed response when contacting us by phone or email.
- Orders placed for In-stock items may not ship for several business days. This includes requests for next-day and second-day service. As has always been our policy, credit cards are not charged until the order is actually processed.
- Lead-Times for out-of-stock items may extend further than usual.
- We are monitoring the raw material supply chain and potential impact to minimize any production delays. However, due to uncertainty, new scheduled orders will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
What you can do:
It is important to stay aware by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. Here are some every day preventative measures you can follow (as instructed by the CDC):
- STAY HOME!
- Practice Social Distancing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.